Super fine camera to subject focusing is achieved by the .042 per revolution stainless steel lead screw. The lead screw adjustment range is 4.250 in with a lead screw pitch of 5/16 in x 24.
Rough positioning is acheived by the stage release knob
- Turn knob clockwise, until it stops, to disenage the drive gear to allow for rough focus positioning
- Turn knob counter clockwise, until it stops, to re-engage the drive gear to allow for fine focusing
Mounted on the FR-3 is a KES 2.6 inch quick release plate that can rotate 360 degrees at 90 degrees intervals to allow you to mount a camera body or a collared lens. If geared linear motion, in both the X an Y axes is trying to be achieved, a second FR-3 can be stacked to achieve this,
This focusing rail is perfect for macro nature, panorama, and commercial photography.
- Now offers built in safety stops on the upper quick release carriage
- Arca style dovetail extends the full length of the FR-3 rail. The rail also offers industry standard 1/4-20 tripod sockets.
- The KES FR-3 rail has a standard knob style quick release that can easily be rotated to accommodate a camera body or collared lens
- Fine adjustments are made with the stainless steel lead screw by turning the knobs at either end of the rail
- Large adjustments are made by disengaging the drive gear knob.
- Overall Length: 8.624 in
- Width: 2.500 in
- Height: 2.250 in
- Weight: 23.5 oz
- Lead screw adjustment range 4.250
- Stage travel per revolution of lead screw is .042
- Lead screw thread pitch 5/16 in x 24
- Maximum Suported Weight: 50 lbs
- Finish: Black and Satin Silver anodize
- Material: 6061-T6 aluminum and 18.8 stainless
- QD System: Yes, Material: Stainless Steel (Industry Standard Quick Disconnect System)
- Safety Stops: Yes
- Included: Neoprene storage bag